[mma_] Ableton "quit unexpetedly" Live

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
doppio

[mma_] Ableton "quit unexpetedly" Live

Post by doppio » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:52 pm

I do not know what the hell is going on but there is no program on my entire mac in my entire life that crashes so many times and so easily as Ableton Live. I want my money back. This is a fucking disgrace, you make me loose days and days of work and screw up my good mood every time.
Also this crackling and popping and hickup audio doesn't do anybody any good, what is this?

Fix... your.... shit...

Walkingmachine

Re: Ableton "quit unexpetedly" Live

Post by Walkingmachine » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:15 pm

ableton does crash a lot! kinda sucks but i am almost always able to recover my work, is that not the case for you? what version are you running?

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:11 pm

doppio wrote:you make me loose days and days of work and screw up my good mood every time
Are you hitting the save button every other day? :mrgreen:

doppio

Post by doppio » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:26 pm

Yes I'm able to recover my work as long as I save every minute...:(
You kind of have to save all your instruments and presets outside of ableton as much as you can, because all the song related stuff DISAPPEARS! Even if you save in the meantime, usually the last hour of work vanishes...and you'll end up with a "serious error" message at startup and an old backup.
Two steps forward, one step back (just like life :)
This is unacceptable, this is claiming to be a "pro" application, well....

Even just adjusting the buffer size crashes the app...I have so much work to do, what to do?

Matthias

Post by Matthias » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:41 am

hi doppio,

In order to diagnose your problem, I would ask you to contact support@ableton.com. In your email, please reference this thread and include

a zip file containing all crashlogs (Crashlogs are located in <your home folder>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter (OS X 10.5) or <your home folder>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports (OS X 10.6)), and
a zip file of the folder <your home folder>/Library/Preferences/Ableton.

best wishes,
matthias
Matthias Mayrock
ableton development team
mayrock@ableton.com

taximouse

Re: [mma] Ableton "quit unexpetedly" Live

Post by taximouse » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 pm

+1 on live not opening the last saved version after a "serious program error" crash.

My suggestion for others who experience this (I get it once a day)...continually "save as" song1, song2, etc. I often save 10 versions in a day since when live crashes like this I could lose an hour of work. It doesn't go back to your last saved version.
MacBook Pro 2.93 Ghz, early 2009, 4GB RAM
OS 10.5.8
Live 8.1.4
Motu Ultralite + FCB1010 + SooperLooper + cello

twitter: zoecello
http://www.zoekeating.com

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:54 pm

I think Live is actually working just fine. Its obviously Apple that has the problem. I mean, why can't their stupid computers save your work for you, make and name a back up copy, pay your bills, wash your dishes and post to facebook while you're busy making tracks for days and days and days...

...and days? This would be no problem with Windows 11, code name: Hash Zebra

taximouse

Post by taximouse » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Last time I checked this not-going-back-to-last-saved-version-after-crash-issue occurs in no other program but live8...
MacBook Pro 2.93 Ghz, early 2009, 4GB RAM
OS 10.5.8
Live 8.1.4
Motu Ultralite + FCB1010 + SooperLooper + cello

twitter: zoecello
http://www.zoekeating.com

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:15 pm

taximouse wrote:Last time I checked...
Clearly another O.S. deficiency. :( *sigh*
a better search function is the least of their problems though. Apple really needs to get Live working on their platform.

doppio

Re: [mma_] Ableton "quit unexpetedly" Live

Post by doppio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Apple does seem to have a huge problem with snowleopard here, I have to admit...they are trying to make it look all cute with a nice rainbow ball rolling around EVERY time you click something in ITunes (like: look at all the BUY NOW buttons...look l o n g e r ...)
I will try not to become the "John McEnroe" of Ableton here and dive into my crashlogs Matthias, thank you for your reply, will get back to the support corner soon...keep it up guys. When everything works the way it should you have a kickass application, I tell ya!

Weren't snowleopards almost exctinct? What about some natural selection here...save the snowleopard save save save save