Can I disable tracks (and all fx) temporarily?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Simmo

Can I disable tracks (and all fx) temporarily?

Post by Simmo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi all,

Is there a way of temporarily disabling a track and all associated fx/plugins on that track from the arrangement view (so not muting with the track activator)?

Basically I need to save CPU as I'm in the middle of writing a new trance track with a lot of epic plug in chains and the CPU is maxing out and destroying my workflow with pops and clicks and general distortion!

Any help really appreciated, maybe im just being stupid and missing the bit in the manual where it says how to do it

Cheers, Simmo

Jarvisimon

Re: Can I disable tracks (and all fx) temporarily?

Post by Jarvisimon » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Simmo wrote:Is there a way of temporarily disabling a track and all associated fx/plugins on that track from the arrangement view (so not muting with the track activator)?

Basically I need to save CPU as I'm in the middle of writing a new trance track with a lot of epic plug in chains and the CPU is maxing out and destroying my workflow with pops and clicks and general distortion!
If you group your instruments and effects together, you can turn them off by clicking on the yellow circle in the top left hand corner of the instrument rack, alternatively, you can freeze a track, which automatically creates a waveform of each clip in that track and turns the instruments off at the same time, which frees up the CPU. Unfreeze reverses this action.

Simmo

Re: Can I disable tracks (and all fx) temporarily?

Post by Simmo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Jarvisimon wrote:
Simmo wrote:Is there a way of temporarily disabling a track and all associated fx/plugins on that track from the arrangement view (so not muting with the track activator)?

If you group your instruments and effects together, you can turn them off by clicking on the yellow circle in the top left hand corner of the instrument rack, alternatively, you can freeze a track, which automatically creates a waveform of each clip in that track and turns the instruments off at the same time, which frees up the CPU. Unfreeze reverses this action.
Thanks Jarvisimon, I'll give it a go