CPU rate is ridiculus!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
XPM

CPU rate is ridiculus!

Post by XPM » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:23 pm

Hi.
I am very impressed with Live generally, and am trying to use it as my main sequencer, but the CPU rate is stupid. Without the program even playing, the CPU hovers at around 30% , which is shown by my Mac's activity monitor, at more like 50%. In the aforementioned set, I am running Reason rewired to Live, (reason shows about 4% useage) and one VST (CM303) with one Ableton Reveb. My computer is not even that old (867mhz Titanium Powerbook with 768m RAM). Is there any plan to sort out this immense problem with a future update. I have had too many problems with Live 4, and am getting tiresome of them, despite (and probably because of) my love for the program.
Yours,
Steve

Friedemann

Post by Friedemann » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:27 pm

Hi Steve,
could you check whether Reason, CM303, or Ableton Reverb is
using the majority of CPU power?

Kind regards, Friedemann
Friedemann Schautz
schautz@ableton.com

XPM

Post by XPM » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:03 pm

I am terribly sorry about this, but the problem seems to have been with the PSP springverb that I must have accidentaly put on to one of the Reason audio in channels.
I have removed this, and the CPU now sits (while the program is stopped) at around 10%. Only going up to about 30-35% whilst playing.
I apologise for getting a bit shirty about the problem. Maybe I should contact PSP! it seems a bit odd that one vst effect uses so much CPU power. Oh well, Thanks for the reply.
Steve