Howcan I reduce distortions on my tracks?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
danno2020

Howcan I reduce distortions on my tracks?

Post by danno2020 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Heya Ive put up a dj set of 15 songs on my session view box and all of them have clicks and pops, its not all the way through th songs but kind of often. its not very obvious but im sure anyone cud spot the distortions. When I play th tracks on itunes the sound quality is really good but when played on ableton u can hear the pops.
can anyone tell me wht to do pleasee???? :?: :?:

this is wht ive tried but hasnt worked as u can still hear them
ive played with th low/mid/hi gains on EQthree
ive tried turning down the volume
even when th songs arent warp marked they still pop so it cant be that either

please help! many thanx :)

danno2020

Re: Howcan I reduce distortions on my tracks?

Post by danno2020 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:00 pm

ive also tried doing the sound test in ausio preferences. turned up buffer and sample rate. still hearing the pops

TroyP

Post by TroyP » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:30 pm

Sounds like you might need to adjust the audio buffer size, in Preferences.

danno2020

Post by danno2020 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:26 pm

i tried that already. i managed to identify the problem. it turns out its my time warping thats causing it to pop. dont know wht to do as i really need that in order to beatmatch my tracks.
wht is the best way to time warp a dj set? i read the manual but there are a few options and ive tried a few and that still causes it to pop.

l-rs

Post by l-rs » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:34 pm

Maybe the warp marker is near the peak (of the incoming bass drum for instance) ? Try looping a part that definitely pops and adjust the markers either to just before the peak or *on* the peak (if it doesn't sound wonky) to see if it goes away.

Since you mention it goes in and out, maybe there are peaks overlapping or something. Is Ableton clock master or are you driving it externally?
I've got some stuff here:
http://www.zuur.com/