Pre-que or Play before bar

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
SUBSET

Pre-que or Play before bar

Post by SUBSET » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:39 pm

I have a track with vocals where the phrasing of the vocals means that the singing starts before the bar begins (ie one beat before the rest of the instruments).

Is it possible to have one loop in a scene pre-que or start playing x amount of time before the rest of the loops in that scene, or will I have to render the loops longer, say 4 bars before the singing starts to include all of the vocals?

Thanks.

TroyP

Re: Pre-que or Play before bar

Post by TroyP » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:20 pm

I think you have to include the bar before. Haven't found a way to do pick-up notes otherwise.

Omniology

Post by Omniology » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:05 am

When you warp it place "1" on the beat and then slide the start bar back as needed

Om

SUBSET

Post by SUBSET » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 am

Thanks, but changing the Warp markers only seems to help with the start point of the track, not play a section before that scene.

Basically the singer has a line similar to "The time draws near" - the start of the bar/loop is on the word "time", so rather than cut odd loops or include sections of silence I was hoping I could have the sample as-is, and Live would be able to start the vocal loop a beat or two before the rest of the scene.

Looks like I might need to slice the vocals to fit. I wonder how other performers are getting around this issue?

Omniology

Post by Omniology » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:29 pm

It will. you treat the smart bar and the warp 1 as seperate entities. just look close at the left side start is an arrow on a stick, and has a seperarte numerical value. it will start where you put that.

trust