8.1.3 Crashes After Quitting

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
nicholaspaul

8.1.3 Crashes After Quitting

Post by nicholaspaul » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:17 am

I just upgraded Live Intro to 8.1.3 and just like the previous version, it crashes when I quit.
Using 10.6.3, MacBook Pro, 4GB RAM.

Any ideas?

nicholaspaul

Re: 8.1.3 Crashes After Quitting

Post by nicholaspaul » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:38 pm

By the way, this happens only when I have a song loaded (even if it's saved). It doesn't crash when I just start up Live and then quit right away. I have also tested without external audio interfaces attached and get the same result.

sai2000

Post by sai2000 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:32 pm

I hve not upgraded to this update yet I still have Suit 8 (8.1) what will I lose if I don't upgrade? Would I be better off without the upgrade?

nicholaspaul

Post by nicholaspaul » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:25 am

Who knows, but Live was crashing after quitting in the previous version too.

beubbo

Post by beubbo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:33 am

Didn't try v8.1.3 yet but a lot of crashes I had some times ago up to v8.1.1 was heavy related to the use of some 3rd party plug-ins...

I'm on an early 2008 macpro with Leopard 10.5.6 and in MY case, unfortunately, IK Multimedia amps, DUY valve/tape, Waves maserati... were "good" bad canditates for crashola-city (they work almost perfectly in Digital Performer 6.0.3, though)

From the moment I have stopped to use in Live those plug-ins brand (after lot of Trial & Errors, of course...) I have gained a lot of stability with plenty of other great & stable company plug-ins to choose like UAD, Soundtoys, Studio Devil, Softube, Lexicon PCM, SSL Duende... etc

Did you tried to see if your crashes are related to some of your 3rd party plug-ins ? Could be worth the try like in my case, who knows... ? Good luck.

HTH

gruiiik

Post by gruiiik » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 pm

I had a strange behavior in 8.1.1 (on Vista 32bits): after exiting Live, a live.exe process was still running in the background (giving some errors when I tried to restart Live).

It was not really a crash, but annoying (I had to kill the remaining process :/)

I fixed it by removing old (and unused - my NI audio device gets its own ASIO drivers) Asio4All drivers from my laptop (after contacting support).

chris

ArmandoC

Post by ArmandoC » Sat May 08, 2010 9:07 pm

having the exact same issue also while loading songs as well. getting a little annoying. been trying to work... :evil:

exact specs as first post, just first gen mac pro.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Mon May 10, 2010 5:07 am

nicholaspaul wrote:By the way, this happens only when I have a song loaded (even if it's saved). It doesn't crash when I just start up Live and then quit right away. I have also tested without external audio interfaces attached and get the same result.
Hi,

Does this happen with one particular song, or with any song? In the later case, can you send that song (without samples) to support@ableton.com, with a reference to this thread?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team