apc40 is too limited

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
alienguts

apc40 is too limited

Post by alienguts » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:24 am

I get through about a third or a half of my song when I run out of tracks, and think it silly to render tracks to audio files to keep going, that would take too long. the APC is made for 64 tracks not 8, that is clear. I have the akai ableton edition and I can only use 8 anythings. same with effects only 8 isn't enough
Rebooting is overrated.

housemusiclover

Re: apc40 is too limited

Post by housemusiclover » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:07 am

i have a hunch that it's intended that way to get people to buy the full version... :wink:

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:51 pm

housemusiclover wrote:i have a hunch that it's intended that way to get people to buy the full version... :wink:
Ding ding ding!
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

alienguts

Post by alienguts » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Obviously, but the apc isn't exactly cheap and the full version is very expensive. For what I paid I didn't get very much of anything. 8 tracks is very limited. I might just return it and get something better for my money. for all the effects and plugs and stuff the full version comes with I can see why but to limit the number of tracks is kind of backwards. The APC is BUILT for 64 tracks not 8. I can make 16 tracks maximum... TO me I am using 1/4 of this device. It is a $400 chunk of plastic but Ableton Akai APC Edition makes its worth $100. Wtf am I gonna do with 64 tracks anyways, make some masterpiece using the preset instruments? I'd still have to buy it to do anything with Ableton's sounds, so why not let me use my own sounds and tracks...

Ableton AG really cheaped out on this

With the APC40 you get
8 Audio tracks
8 Midi tracks
8 Instruments
8 Audio Effects plugins
8 Midi effects plugins
Ableton 8

See a really cheesy marketing scheme going on here?
I can see fat guys sitting in a room going
"Yes, give them only 8, since it is version 8, they will be happy with 8."

I am leaning towards returning it all together for a worthwhile sequencer out of the box... there are many many comparable options and this one isn't really all that strong since the software is rigged, despite the wondrous capabilities of the Ableton software.
Rebooting is overrated.

alienguts

Post by alienguts » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Well you're being general about DAW and not acknowledging this is the only DAW the APC40 is even made for. If it were for anything else I'd just get a Korg. See how it works? I'm still going to buy it for operator but I think the APC40 should get more tracks. It just limits me until I get money collected. just more tracks really. cut down on effects or instruments there are only 8 fx knobs and 8 control knobs. but should be able to run the full number of tracks.

Ok all sillyness aside the akai apc edition is what is too limited, not the apc40 itself.

my setup is really similar to yours
Rebooting is overrated.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:21 pm

alienguts wrote:Well you're being general about DAW and not acknowledging this is the only DAW the APC40 is even made for. If it were for anything else I'd just get a Korg. See how it works? I'm still going to buy it for operator but I think the APC40 should get more tracks. It just limits me until I get money collected. just more tracks really. cut down on effects or instruments there are only 8 fx knobs and 8 control knobs. but should be able to run the full number of tracks.

Ok all sillyness aside the akai apc edition is what is too limited, not the apc40 itself.

my setup is really similar to yours
Yes it's 'a controller built for Live. Whose fault is it for buying a controller made for a specific DAW w/out having said DAW? At least you have something to play around w/ while you save your pennies.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

mode:masters

Post by mode:masters » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:29 pm

alienguts your argument is shit.

FACT: the APC40 rocks.

FACT: Ableton Live (full version) rocks.

Pay for the upgrade and stop whining or go use Logic or something.

alienguts

Post by alienguts » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:20 am

mode:masters wrote:alienguts your argument is shit.

FACT: the APC40 rocks.

FACT: Ableton Live (full version) rocks.

Pay for the upgrade and stop whining or go use Logic or something.
Neither of your facts disagree with me.
Fact: you forgot to take your meds
AceLuby wrote:Yes it's 'a controller built for Live. Whose fault is it for buying a controller made for a specific DAW w/out having said DAW? At least you have something to play around w/ while you save your pennies.
At least this is moderately cognizable, except you're saying I'm at fault for buying the APC40. Ok, so maybe you guys are trying to get me to regret the decision altogether, I'm still gonna keep it because I think its cool. And yea I am going to buy the full version eventually, so what are your guys' issues, just wanna get hotheaded in a forum?
Rebooting is overrated.