Basic File Saving Questions

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
zelator

Basic File Saving Questions

Post by zelator » Tue May 11, 2010 1:49 am

Hey all....it's so basic, the manual doesn't seem to address it.... :?

1) When I create a folder on my desktop and save my Live projects in that folder, that folder invariably turns into a "Live Project Folder." Why? (i.e. the desktop folder icon changes and the folder then treats all the contents as sessions and not individual projects).
2) How can I set a default location for my projects to be saved in? (i.e. a folder on my desktop)
3) I use Live 8 on OSX 10.6

Thanks!

jok

Re: Basic File Saving Questions

Post by jok » Tue May 11, 2010 10:00 am

Hi Zelator,

Live will automatically create a dedicated project folder for your Liveset if you save into a location outside any existing project.
Please check, if the parent directory, into which you save, contains a folder called "Ableton Project Info" - this marks a folder as a Live project folder. If your desktop contains such a folder delete/rename it.

I would recommend to simply create a dedicated folder for your Livesets and save your sets directly in this folder, a project folder will be created for each set. There´s no way to define a default saving folder in Live, but you could for example drag the folder to the "places" section of the Finder to access it easily as a save location.

Please refer to chapter 5.6. of the Live manual for further info regarding projects / file handling.

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com