New and confused

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
BarrieD

New and confused

Post by BarrieD » Sat May 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi everyone, I wonder if someone can help me please. I bought a Novation Launchpad and a copy of Ableton Live 8 upgrade. I did this after testing Live 8 in demo mode (mac OS). I think I might have made a mistake by deleting this program before the installation of my new boxed edition. The problem is that I now can't update the purchased version (8.0.6) when it's offered to me because it still thinks I'm in demo mode and therefore when it enters its verification routine it tells me how many demo days I have left rather tan being an updated and purchased version of live. When it loads I find that I can't use any of the tutorials (as they detect an earlier version and can't run them, which isn't much help to a newbie like myself). When I try to register the downloaded newer version (8.1.3) by clicking on the license for my purchased boxed version (I see and click on my new license) I get a dialogue box saying that the file couldn't be found and that it might have been deleted. I suspect this relates to my rather unwise deletion of the trial file. I'd really appreciate some help to try to get things going here as presently I've spent nearly £400 for something that doesn't work :-(
With many thanks for any help
Best wishes
Barrie

JBlongz

Re: New and confused

Post by JBlongz » Sun May 23, 2010 7:42 am

Download appzapper and use it to uninstall Live. Then install with the latest version. After authentication, you should get a list of what you have activated.
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

BarrieD

Post by BarrieD » Thu May 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks for your kind help. Unfortunately things remain the same and I've emailed support for help.
BW
Barrie

TroyP

Post by TroyP » Thu May 27, 2010 9:03 pm

Did you have a version of Live before your ver 8 demo? If not, the problem could be that you're starting with an upgrade version when you really need a regular version.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu May 27, 2010 9:27 pm

I had something similar happen to me with an M-Audio enhanced version of Live 5.5.

Here is my post regarding that...

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76147

its Windows OS but it might guide you in the right direction... sending support@ableton.com an email would probably help if this doesn't...
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.