So, is ableton really still not able to do this?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
icedsushi

Re: So, is ableton really still not able to do this?

Post by icedsushi » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:57 am

I think it's not that complicated solution, all he's asking for is slice to midi. Do a search for slice to midi in the manual.

EX

Post by EX » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:29 am

I am quite surprised - taken aback in fact - at the number of people in this thread who do not understand precisely what the OP is asking or who are carelessly responding as if they have not bothered to. (Please note word - precisely, its an important word to note.)

And instead just give the answer they want, to something else, that they'd like to say.

The answer to the question is simply, no. Not yet. That it is to say Ableton (the company) may well be able to program such, I'm sure they can, but "Ableton" as shorthand for Live 8, the current version of Ableton Live, cannot.

A workaround is not being asked for!???
Last edited by EX on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

EX

Post by EX » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:31 am

When I read a thread, I usually spend a decent amount of time looking over it, digesting it, understanding it. Paying attention to each sentence, each statement.

Doesn't everyone? :?

Rinsemeister

Post by Rinsemeister » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:58 pm

EX wrote:When I read a thread, I usually spend a decent amount of time looking over it, digesting it, understanding it. Paying attention to each sentence, each statement.

Doesn't everyone? :?
Yeah, then I start talking to myself................

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:44 am

EX wrote:I am quite surprised - taken aback in fact - at the number of people in this thread who do not understand precisely what the OP is asking or who are carelessly responding as if they have not bothered to. (Please note word - precisely, its an important word to note.)

And instead just give the answer they want, to something else, that they'd like to say.

The answer to the question is simply, no. Not yet. That it is to say Ableton (the company) may well be able to program such, I'm sure they can, but "Ableton" as shorthand for Live 8, the current version of Ableton Live, cannot.

A workaround is not being asked for!???
haha "workaround"

EX

Post by EX » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 pm

I think the above 2 replies are sarcasm but I'm finding it hard to be sure! :lol:

Look I saw this somewhere else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQWMBpCEq6A

Using LFO to extend the sample I guess...

But its still a workaround (no gag intended) and doesn't seem exactly ideal.