Two bugs I've found....

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Swordfish

Two bugs I've found....

Post by Swordfish » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:14 am

1. Using the latest version of Live 8 (Mac os x 10.5) - open a project created in an older version of live. Find two audio clips that use fades that are right next to each other. The clips should not be crossfaded, but they should be faded to zero (to avoid pops). I've found that there are loud pops and artifacts until I pull the edges of the clips away from each other - if the clips touch, they make the artifacts - as though the fades aren't working properly. It is especially bad with bass. So if opening an old project I generally have to go through and fix all the clips with fades that are touching other clips with fades.

2.Far more annoying and has been around for ages: At certain times - I haven't worked out what triggers this exactly, but it seems to be large projects - grab a bunch of clips (I use mainly audio) and try and deactivate them using the right click. Very often I cannot get this option to arise....I still dont know why. I cick in all different places on the clip area but the option is gone. As soon as I select one clip - the option appears again as normal. It generally doesn't happen when I've only been working on a project for a short while. This bug has been around since live 7.

Thanks