Live 4.04 (Sound Drops Out)

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
victhrill

Live 4.04 (Sound Drops Out)

Post by victhrill » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:55 am

Using the "built in" sound card, after an hour or so in working with the program, I've been experiencing sound drop outs for entire sections of a song in the Arrange view. I began fishing around and found that if I turned off the filter delay on one of the tracks, all of the sound came back. Then I deleted that effect and popped another Filter Delay in there. It worked for a minute before the same thing happened. Then I substituted a Grain Delay for the effect in that track and it worked for about 10 minutes before the same thing happened. What the heck is the problem here? Live 4 is way buggier for me than the older versions. Does that ring true for most?
Defender Of The Beat

victhrill

Live 4.04 Insane crackling

Post by victhrill » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:02 am

I'm guessing that my computer is just crapping out. The longer I use the program (in one sitting), the more problems that seem to arise. What's really strange though is that only certain sections of the song are being affected and it has nothing to do with the amount of stuff being processed at that time. As a matter of fact, the point at which this "insane crackling" starts, there's very little going in the way of audio files or effects. If I let it rest for a few seconds and run the section as a loop, it sounds fine the first play through and then on the second time around it turns to total digital hell! Anybody out there have this?
Defender Of The Beat

victhrill

Post by victhrill » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:37 am

It's months later and the same thing happens when I use the RESONATOR.
Defender Of The Beat

+1

hi

Post by +1 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:31 pm

Did you do a search in the forum to see if any have some of those problems??

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13963

Cheers

16 BIT

Post by 16 BIT » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:32 pm

I have noticed something like this and its mentioned on quite a number of threads. Sometimes while working the system seem to start slowing down becoming sluggish and getting audio drop outs. This happens on my mac mostly and to a lesser extent my PC.

I really feel there is an answer to this somwehere but its one of those things thats difficult to reproduce due to the random behaviour.

Its nothing to do with my CPU speed, or drive space. I cant quite figure out whats happening.

Just the other day I was messing around with Operator and my CPU with just one midi track/operator no FX was at a whopping 60%. But the next day teh CPU was at a more sensible 19% (still high) but better than 60%

I have no idea why this happens?

matheo

Post by matheo » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:58 pm

Hi Victhrill,

I had some problems of this type few months ago.
I seems that it came from Hyperthreading function. Not sure, but, since I set it OFF I have no more problem...
Toshiba P10, RME Multiface, UC-33, Kaoss-PAD

www.175workshop.com - The down side of Nu-jazz