Can't load live set made with 30-day license

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
fern

Can't load live set made with 30-day license

Post by fern » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:20 am

I was interested in trying out Ableton, so I signed up for the 30 day trial of Ableton Suite. It really worked out for what I was trying to do, so I purchased it, with the educational license. Now It's telling me I can't save or make any changes to the project I worked on for those 30 days because it "contains features that are limited or unavailable in Live 8." The question obviously is what's the deal? Is there something about purchasing an educational license that makes my past project inaccessible? Is there something in the demo that is not in the actual version I purchased? I should preemptively note that I did purchase a license for Ableton Suite, not just Live. Would appreciate any assistance on this asap

dom

Re: Can't load live set made with 30-day license

Post by dom » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Your Live 8 Suite should just load the set without problems, the EDU pricing does not make a technical difference.
Can you send the set to support@ableton.com (only the .als without samples) for investigation?

Thanks,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

504slacker

Re: Can't load live set made with 30-day license

Post by 504slacker » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Send an email to support@ableton.com with the error message, and attach your set to the email. I had the same problem, and they got back to me within 24 hours with an attached set that was fixed. I don't know if it is bug in the program or what, but they fixed it for me. I just had to go back and assign the midi instruments again, which they listed for me in the email.