Can't add any more audio clips to live?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Bainesy

Can't add any more audio clips to live?

Post by Bainesy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:43 am

Hey!

I'm using ableton at the moment to practice DJing (just starting out, will be using cdj's live but I have ableton for production purposes so I'm practicing using it)

Now, I'm creating a large dj set with 3 tracks full of songs (1 whole song per clip slot) and there's around 100 clips in the set. I'm finding that I can't add any more songs, when dragging into live I get a message down the bottom saying "the file may be corrupted or not licenced". If I close that live set and open a fresh live set, I CAN copy tracks into it. What's up? has my set somehow corrupted itself? the strange thing is, I tried to copy a group of 20 tracks and it wouldn't accept it... so I tried with 10 tracks - IT WORKED!

Then tried another 10... nothing...
Tried 1 track... it worked!
tried single track at a time for about another 5 and then, no matter what I do now it gives me the error message.

I'm running 8.1.3 on a macbook (not pro) with snowleopard. What could be the problem?

Live is also VERY VERY unstable on my system, I've contacted support and am currently trying to solve my problem through them also, but does anyone else have problems running on a macbook? I know I know, shoulda got the pro, but I didn't have the cash (and at the time the new macbook was almost as high spec as the pro so I though why bother :roll:

Any help would be appreciated on either topic ;-) Cheers!
Using Ableton for Composing/Remixing/DJing
Macbook 2.26GHz/8GB/500GB/7200rpm/OSX Lion
ZeRO SL MkII & Launchpad
Reloop 10tion - Behringer Truth 1030A's - Sennheiser HD280's
Ableton Suite 8.2.2 - Automap Pro 3.7
http://soundcloud.com/jbainesy

obeyendevor

Re: Can't add any more audio clips to live?

Post by obeyendevor » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Is it licensed properly? Try to download or reauthorize the application. Maybe remove, then reinstall.
iBook G4 1.5GB RAM, Live 8 APC Edition, Reason 4.0, APC-40, UC-33, Trigger Finger
www.e1beats.com

Bainesy

Re: Can't add any more audio clips to live?

Post by Bainesy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:38 pm

I know this post was I while ago... but...

Problem solved ;-)
8GB RAM and re-making my live set from scratch (and dragging in the clips from the original set) did the trick - lol. I think I was simply pushing it too hard. or set something up which corrupted the set or something.
And yeah, it's all legit, licensed and upgraded. I wouldn't be on the forums if I was toting an unlicensed copy around ;-)
Using Ableton for Composing/Remixing/DJing
Macbook 2.26GHz/8GB/500GB/7200rpm/OSX Lion
ZeRO SL MkII & Launchpad
Reloop 10tion - Behringer Truth 1030A's - Sennheiser HD280's
Ableton Suite 8.2.2 - Automap Pro 3.7
http://soundcloud.com/jbainesy