Anyone able to help me??

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
jo9shw

Anyone able to help me??

Post by jo9shw » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:02 pm

So I just hooked up this program last night...still trying to wade my way through everything. This is totally new to me but I'm determined to learn it. Anyway, I am using M-Audio Axiom 61 for my controller. I cannot figure out how to assign things to specific places. I cannot assign things at all to the pads on my controller. I can move the position of drums on the keyboard, but I cannot get drums assigned only to pads. And if I have like keyboard on and drums, they are sometimes both assigned to the same key. I have figured out how to assign knobs on my controller to like volume or gain and those things. My goal, for now, is to get the drums on the pads and free up the keys for anything else I need. Any advice???

I was able to do a few things with midi mapping...if I hit the pad to assign it drums it looks as though it should be working? I feel like I have to be missing something very obvious.