GUI/input momentary freeze

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
dislocomoco

GUI/input momentary freeze

Post by dislocomoco » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Running 8.1.4 on a Macbook Pro (4,1) C2D 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.6.4. No other significant resources being used by the system.

The GUI (including all input from the computer keyboard) freezes for 1-3 seconds approximately every minute or so, seemingly no matter what I'm doing, whether playing music or just moving sliders around at rest. If during playback, audio continues to play, but any key input or manipulation of a control with the mouse during the freeze goes ignored. If a key was down at the beginning of the freeze, it remains held.

I checked the Activity Monitor app and don't see any significant CPU or disk activity. Live's own CPU load meter is of course frozen with the rest of the GUI, but doesn't indicate any jump in usage when it returns.

I'm able to CMD-Tab to other applications -- the rest of the OS seems responsive so it appears to be limited to Live.

Quite frustrating!

Any help would be appreciated!

octex

Re: GUI/input momentary freeze

Post by octex » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:05 am

This happened to me during a gig this weekend. only it was more often and for longer time. I think it was even getting worse over time, freezing more often for longer period. But today in the studio it's working without problems again (with exact same setup).
I was running Live 8.1.5. with Max for Live (which is accessing a lot of live API for real time OSC control...), on Windows XP SP3. CPU use was moderate 30-40%, with AdHoc wifi network to my iPad.

2be

Post by 2be » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 pm

I have the exact same issue on Windows 7 64bit. Has anything come up yet?

salanimi

Post by salanimi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:14 pm

same here too with W7 64bit
this is annoying

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:54 pm

What disk drives are you using, single or multiple, what chipset, and are they running at 1.5Gbit/s or 3Gbit/s (SATA 150 or 300)?

I've been having issues related to my HDD (I think), but others with the same HDD don't though. I often get an occasional 1sec audio dropout which is my "problem", although I notice graphics freezes but they were always less of a worry to me. Might be related. Might not.
Live relevant things: Suite 12, MacBook M1 Max, RME UFX II (kext drivers), Push 1