Dragging clips to file browser

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
asha.dan

Dragging clips to file browser

Post by asha.dan » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:47 am

Hi there,

I use live to DJ. When I import a song I create 5-8 clips that have various sections, loops etc(lots of ppl do this). Then I group songs in small, 'set sections', maybe 5-20 songs that are all of the same genre, feel etc. The idea is that I save these as a little set and then drag them into my set as I play and decide to go in this direction or that one... works well.

The problem is that until recently (Live 8?) I could select one of these sections, spread over 4 tracks and drag them to the file browser. A set would be created with the tracks and clips all ready to be reintroduced to my set as desired. Now what happens is that the set is created, then Live starts copying all the media files that are in the set over to a folder called Samples\Imported in my Project folder. Seeing as these are all WAV files from my library its pretty annoying. I'm copying the clips into a folder within my current project.

Does anyone know if i can stop this happening?

Cheers,

Dan