Can't get Live 8 activated, caught in a loop

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
gstockton

Can't get Live 8 activated, caught in a loop

Post by gstockton » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:30 am

ok, I am trying to run Live 8, it prompts me to activate, connect to Ableton website, I select Live 8 Suite, activate on this computer, then it starts a second instance of Live, I get a Rewire error saying a copy of program is already running. Then it says online sharing disabled. Then says Audio is disabled. Then it says authenticating, and connects to the Ableton web site, where I am again prompted to download the new 8.15 version, even though I have already installed it, then it goes back to Live and says congratulations the following products have been activated. Have fun. The first instance of Live however still has a status bar indicating it is waiting for authentication/activation. I have tried closing everything, but when I restart, I am told I need to activate.

I have a legally purchased copy of live 8 suite that I really need help with.

jok

Re: Can't get Live 8 activated, caught in a loop

Post by jok » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi gstockton,

could it be your other version of Live is an older one? In this case I would simply recommend to uninstall it and solely work with the latest update, Live 8.1.5.
If the problem persists, please try to unlock offline. To do so, please open Live´s preferences/ user account/ licenses, click on the "Authorize Offline" button and follow the instructions listed there.

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

gstockton

Re: Can't get Live 8 activated, caught in a loop

Post by gstockton » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Will do thank you.