I need to get ride of annoying tones!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
nestadog

I need to get ride of annoying tones!

Post by nestadog » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:05 am

Ok, so Im pretty new at this, here we go, running version 8 on live light with vestax 600, Everything was going great but started seriously remapping the controller to work for me and now I hear a little tone noise whenever i push a botton. Everything to clip to effects, even sliders. From the best i figured from my research, maby I messed up when mapping , and mapped to notes? Can't figure how to change or fix this, Some help would be great.
Ed

jok

Re: I need to get ride of annoying tones!

Post by jok » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi Ed,

welcome to the forum.
Not 100% sure where the noise comes from, but you can check any mappings in Live´s mapping browser on the left. The mapping browser is automatically activated when you´re in Midi Mapping mode.
Another (vague) idea: are you on a Windows machine? If so, please check Live´s Midi/Sync preferences. Could it be you have activated an output switch related to the Microsoft GS Wavetable synth? In this case, please deactivate any switches, otherwise you simply might be sending Midi commands to the virtual synth while operating your Vestax, resulting in the noise.

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

nestadog

Re: I need to get ride of annoying tones!

Post by nestadog » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:19 pm

thank you, You got it i had my wavetable synth on remote. Turned that off and the tones went away. I really appriecate the quick help.
Ed