new drum clips quantize to 1/8 note only

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
tbdemon

new drum clips quantize to 1/8 note only

Post by tbdemon » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Hello
I have been able to get past most issues in live by reading the forums but this one is stumping me.

I am trying to record live midi clips using a drum rack and my apc40. I have the pads of the apc40 mapped to notes in the drum rack. I create a new clip and play it. With midi overdub on, i tap my beat into the clip. I want to have them auto quantize to play in time, however, with the record quantize button active, the notes only are mapped as fast as 1/8th notes. MY hardware is fast enough and i hear all the other notes coming out of the drum rack, but only some get mapped and never faster than an 1/8th note.

I want to be able to record lots of notes, in a live setting and have them loop. I played with quantize settings and read the manual and forum on the subject.
My work around is to map quantize(ctrl+u) to a auto hot key script and then play the clip with record quantize turned off and then hit the hot key to quantize it.
There must be something i am missing. My timing is almost good enough to do it without quantize but thats why i started using ableton in the first place.

Any ideas, at least point me in the right direction.
Thanks
The Doctor Is In

jok

Re: new drum clips quantize to 1/8 note only

Post by jok » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi tbdemon,

welcome to the forum.
You can set the Record Quantization grid in the Edit menu, simply choose Record Quantization=>16th note (or another value you like).

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com