Ableton 8.1.x buggy?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Burgered

Ableton 8.1.x buggy?

Post by Burgered » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi there, this is my first post here so forgive me if this has all been talked about elsewhere.

I bought Ableton Suite 8 after being very impressed with the demo (8.0.4) on OSX. Since the 'upgrade' to 8.1.x Ableton which I previously thought was stable as hell and I could see myself playing live with it, has turned very crashy.

I suspect it could be a problem with 3rd party plug-ins (I use UAD2 and some NI software synths) but am only getting used to things having been in Logic for the last ten years. I'm beginning to feel a bit disappointed with Ableton's performance and perhaps even slightly ripped off. 8.1.x is not ready for prime time is it?

Wish I could go back to 8.0.8 or something but I guess my new rocking tune done in 8.1.5 won't go back. Deeply frustrating.

Had 3 crashes today in about two hours, 2 of them to do with rendering audio as loops. This is feeling like amateur software to me.

What do the experienced people here think? I'd be very interested to know what's going on.....

jok

Re: Ableton 8.1.x buggy?

Post by jok » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi Burgered,

please send the crash-reports generated by Live to support@ableton.com , so we can look into the reason for the crashes on your system.

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com