Metronome drifting while playing back?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
timhasta

Metronome drifting while playing back?

Post by timhasta » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:35 pm

I've been having this problem while performing lately where I would be running a set with a cue out to my band's drummer and I with a click track and for some reason, usually halfway into the song, the metronome usually lags. I'm running a Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ with the 1/2 output going out to the PA and the 3/4 output going out to a headphone amp to my drummer and I.

I've been trying to cut down on using any VSTs or using Rewire by bouncing down any audio into their own tracks and freezing them, hoping it would help, but to no avail. I was just wondering if it had to do with the latency or buffer size of Live, if I had to adjust track delay or driver error compensation, or if it was perhaps a hardware problem. By the way, I have the buffer size at 512 samples.

And if someone already asked this, could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks :)

concept_control

Re: Metronome drifting while playing back?

Post by concept_control » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Sure it isn't your drummer speeding up? :P

I don't think it'd be to do with your track delay / driver error compensation - they act universally so you wouldn't find things going awry halfway through a set because of them.

Are your tracks properly warped, all the way through? That's the only time I've had metronome difficulties during a longer set, if I got a bit lazy and didn't check my warp markers all the way through, as even a little nudge adds up down the line..!