Current general assesment of 8.2 stability

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support

Is 8.2 working 100% for you

100%
56%
80%
31%
50%
No votes
don't do it!
13%

Total votes: 16

pushtobreak

Current general assesment of 8.2 stability

Post by pushtobreak » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Just want to know if there are any issues with 8.2 before I install it. I've got a show coming up soon and don't want to rush into any problems :)

Angstrom

Re: Current general assesment of 8.2 stability

Post by Angstrom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Never, ever ever change anything in your performance chain with a show "coming up soon".
You could install the new version in parallel and point it at a copy of your library, to test things out, but dont go saving!

Move to a new performance setup only when you have time to fix an unexpected error, nobody likes seeing crazy shit at 4am the day before a show. Error: "no funk data found, are you sure you want to format disk and torch the audio interface [yes / confirm] "

Plan for the worst.
It may never happen, but Murphy's Law says it could

pushtobreak

Post by pushtobreak » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:18 am

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I wasn't really thinking of switching before the show but figured it would be good to know how people find it so far. I still have 7 running on my G5! and now I see that 8.2 saved files won't open in 8.1 or 7 for that matter so it's definitely becoming a no return situation...not to mention the mess my libraries are in!

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:11 pm

Angstrom wrote:Never, ever ever change anything in your performance chain with a show "coming up soon".
You could install the new version in parallel and point it at a copy of your library, to test things out, but dont go saving!

Move to a new performance setup only when you have time to fix an unexpected error, nobody likes seeing crazy shit at 4am the day before a show. Error: "no funk data found, are you sure you want to format disk and torch the audio interface [yes / confirm] "

Plan for the worst.
It may never happen, but Murphy's Law says it could
This is such good advice :)