Track won't un-arm.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
n8tron

Track won't un-arm.

Post by n8tron » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:25 am

I get this on occasion... and it is happening right now in a session. My first track will not un-arm. I click it at it blinks back to red. I can arm and un-arm other track just fine. I've tried switching the arm exclusive off and on... Is this a bug?

Ableton_David

Re: Track won't un-arm.

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:24 pm

Is it a MIDI or Audio Track? What are the settings on the track for "Audio/MIDI From," "Monitor," and "Audio/MIDI To?"

n8tron

Post by n8tron » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:14 am

It occurs on every session with either audio or MIDI tracks.

Basically it happens no matter what session I open. When I start the program and it pulls up the standard ableton template (one audio track one midi track), the first track is ALWAYS record enabled and it will not un-arm. I tested a couple of sessions other than that and they are all the same. I'm not 100% sure when this started happening, but I don't think it was occurring before I updated to 8.2.

If I switch the input to "OFF" it obviously un-arms and the rest of the tracks are fine (i'll be using this as a work around for now i think).

I'll double check the specific settings for the "audio/midi from" etc. in about 2 hours when I'm back at my computer, but I know it occurs with the default template if anyone knows off hand what the settings are.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:50 am

Sounds odd - do check on the from, monitor, and to settings for the tracks. You should also send a (preferably small) .als file in which you're experiencing this issue to support@ableton.com. Please include information about your computer, your OS, and your version of Live.

n8tron

Post by n8tron » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:15 am

email to support@ableton.com sent...

other info:
Audio From - Ext. In 1/2
Monitor - Auto
Audio To - Master

I tried switching each of these to different settings and nothing fixed the odd behavior.

n8tron

Post by n8tron » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Turned out to be a midi/sync thing. Turning off my mackie control from the midi/synth prefs solved the problem.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Glad to hear it's all sorted out!