this is how to play loops at original tempo

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
flavor32

this is how to play loops at original tempo

Post by flavor32 » Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:12 am

in case nobody\'s figured this out, here\'s the way to import a loop and play it at its original tempo without timestretching, i thought of this a minute ago, tried it and it worked. first...create a new live set with no loops in it. now, before you import anything, set the master tempo to the tempo of the loop you want to import. then import the loop. if you look at the loop in the wave editor, you will see its original tempo is now correct also. if you don\'t set the master tempo before importing the first loop, your loop will be assigned the tempo of live\'s master tempo and time stretching will occur. i hope this helps a lot of people who want to use live the same way i do in my band with other instrumentalists, etc. now if only i can get the funds together to buy the full program! i\'m still drooling over the demo! if all of you already know how to do this, please pardon my pretense, i just wanted to help out...take care!

P.S. great program Ableton! thanks! :)