rolling back to 8.1.3 or 8.1.4 - where i can download them ?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ludollorca

rolling back to 8.1.3 or 8.1.4 - where i can download them ?

Post by ludollorca » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:36 pm

so... live 8.2 is a no-go for me. Crashes crashes crashes.
I'll try to roll back to 8.1.3 or 8.1.4 but i can't find these older versions on the website... where are they ???
anyone, please ?

rob lee

Re: rolling back to 8.1.3 or 8.1.4 - where i can download them ?

Post by rob lee » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:49 pm

ludollorca wrote:so... live 8.2 is a no-go for me. Crashes crashes crashes.
I'll try to roll back to 8.1.3 or 8.1.4 but i can't find these older versions on the website... where are they ???
anyone, please ?
Hi i'd like to do this too however i only had the 30 day demo of previous version then i bought the Live Suite which is 8.2 but i can't use this version for long as it constantly crashes and screws up my audio card with never ending sound every crash with me then having to restart the computer over and over.
I only repurchased live as i was impressed with the earlier version before 8.2 but this is now turning out to be a nightmare so i'd like to have the version before this please.
There's too many bugs in 8.2 im unable to get important work done coz if it's not one thing that causes the constant crash it's another.

Rob

slirak

Post by slirak » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Since I can't use 8.2 (doesn't work with my audio interface's input, known issue) and since I was incredibly stupid and threw away 8.1.5 before I noticed the input issue in 8.2, I've asked the support for a download link for 8.1.5. Twice. No reply. Thanks for nothing.
I've found that the download link for 8.1.5b2 still works though. You can probably find older beta's if you search for "current version" + the name of the beta.

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Iv'e got 8.1.5 on my HD zipped but it's not the suite,just Live but im not sure if im allowed to send you it..if it's allowed i will no problem.
For me 8.2 is just unusable but i haven't got any earlier versions of the Live Suite.

Rob

slirak

Post by slirak » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:59 pm

rob lee wrote:Iv'e got 8.1.5 on my HD zipped but it's not the suite,just Live but im not sure if im allowed to send you it..if it's allowed i will no problem.
For me 8.2 is just unusable but i haven't got any earlier versions of the Live Suite.

Rob
Thanks Rob! I'm a suite user though. The none suite version might work I suppose, but I'm OK with 8.1.5b2. I'd love to try out Amp though. It's been almost two weeks since the support told me they've fixed the bug with my audio interface (an Apogee One). So why the f*** don't they release the fixed version??? :x

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:20 pm

slirak wrote:
rob lee wrote:Iv'e got 8.1.5 on my HD zipped but it's not the suite,just Live but im not sure if im allowed to send you it..if it's allowed i will no problem.

Rob
Thanks Rob! I'm a suite user though. The none suite version might work I suppose, but I'm OK with 8.1.5b2. I'd love to try out Amp though. It's been almost two weeks since the support told me they've fixed the bug with my audio interface (an Apogee One). So why the f*** don't they release the fixed version??? :x
Yeah i use suite too or else i would be reinstalling the earlier version for sure.
Having to use Studio One and it's not to good at mangling samples for my new sample dvd so im gonna email Abs on monday to try get an earlier version sorted somehow.

PS

Amp is good however 8.2 won't stay running long enough for me without crashing..It's even crashing when im deleting audio or midi tracks now..very bad indeed. :(
Cheers

Rob

ludollorca

Post by ludollorca » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:30 pm

i don't own Suite, i bought the 'regular' simple Ableton Live 8, so i'd like to try your 8.1.5 zip (as long as it's a 'legit' version of live you downloaded from ableton website).
can you pm a link on facebook please ? (http://www.facebook.com/ludollorca)
thank you so much
ludo

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:38 pm

ludollorca wrote:i don't own Suite, i bought the 'regular' simple Ableton Live 8, so i'd like to try your 8.1.5 zip (as long as it's a 'legit' version of live you downloaded from ableton website).
can you pm a link on facebook please ? (http://www.facebook.com/ludollorca)
thank you so much
ludo
Hi,

Yes it is the legit version.It says Ableton 8.1.5 program only *198mb* i downloaded that before upgrading to suite,i don't have facebook but if you send me an email to info@basslinerecords.com i can send you the zip..
Im sure Ableton can check my account to verify im a legit user of Live so you don't have to worry.

Rob

windrumscoggin@gmail.com

Post by windrumscoggin@gmail.com » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:57 pm

I am very suprized Ableton does not post the older versions for WE registered users. That is an inexcusable shame.

What a Joke.

I am STILL running 8.1.4 so if you need it ping me at my email and I will upload it to a file server, somehow, for you.
windrumscoggin@gmail.com

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Im getting really miffed with 8.2 now it crashed just auditioning audio files this time ffs.
Like i say i have 8.1.5 but i don't have the suite so im fooked...have to work in wavelab 7
to mangle my samples as i can't risk losing more time with 8.2

Rob