automation reset causes audio drops

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
codemac

automation reset causes audio drops

Post by codemac » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Hello guys!

Each time I reset the automation I can hear a short pop-crack. Why is this happening? Even when the audio is stopped and I press the "reset automation" near the play button, I can hear that short annoying audio drop/crack/whatever.

I'm using the M-Audio's ProjectMix I/O audio interface, however I don't think the interface is causing the problem. Could you please check out and give me a feedback... or maybe a solution? I'm using Live 8.15 with my band and during the concerts this is very very annoying.

Thank you a lot!

Ableton_David

Re: automation reset causes audio drops

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Just to clarify - this is happening when you select "back to arrangement," or when you delete automation? Also, what parameters are you automating? Is the audio drop-out universal, or just on the track(s) that are automated?

Also, in the mean time, you should update to Live 8.2.1. It's a free update, with some major bugfixes and new content since 8.1.5: http://www.ableton.com/latest-versions

codemac

Post by codemac » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 pm

David Abravanel wrote:Just to clarify - this is happening when you select "back to arrangement," or when you delete automation? Also, what parameters are you automating? Is the audio drop-out universal, or just on the track(s) that are automated?

Also, in the mean time, you should update to Live 8.2.1. It's a free update, with some major bugfixes and new content since 8.1.5: http://www.ableton.com/latest-versions
David, it happens when pressing the red button to the left from the Play button, it's the "back to the <original> automation", as long as I know there's no "delete automation" button. I'm automating volumes and 3rd party instrument's parameters like reverb, delay volume, on/off, etc.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Does all audio drop out, or does it just sound odd for a sudden bit? Particularly with effects like delay and reverb, sudden major shifts in parameter values can cause odd sounds. These sudden shifts will happen when you select "back to arrangement."

codemac

Post by codemac » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:28 pm

David Abravanel wrote:Does all audio drop out, or does it just sound odd for a sudden bit? Particularly with effects like delay and reverb, sudden major shifts in parameter values can cause odd sounds. These sudden shifts will happen when you select "back to arrangement."
Even when i'm not playing the recorded tracks, just resetting the automation to "default" while playing a midi instrument I can hear the short audio dropout. I cannot believe I'm the one with this issue :(
Any feedback is welcomed!