Synth Sequence Playback Is Not Right

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
steverido

Synth Sequence Playback Is Not Right

Post by steverido » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:30 pm

I have recorded my instruments into the arrangement and I am having a strange thing happening with my synth sequence. It happens between bars 86 -89 when it sounds like the pattern is playing twice but slightly out of sync. I have soloed the track and even deleted it an introduced it again. The 8 bar loop that I am using is fine but as soon as I drag it to this area I get the same thing. Is this a bug or am I completely missing something?

Thanks In advance.

Ableton_David

Re: Synth Sequence Playback Is Not Right

Post by Ableton_David » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:01 am

Do you have anything automated during those bars that doesn't appear elsewhere? Do you have any tracks set to resample the set?

steverido

Post by steverido » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:52 am

I have not got any automation and I can't have the other as I don't even understand what you are saying now.

A strange thing is happening to it now and it is probably related in that if I start my track from the beginning the synth track using Sylenth1 is playing even though none of the recorded parts are present. It seems like the synth is playing even though there is nothing in the arrangement view. When it reaches the recorded parts it sounds like it is playing twice and this is the part that is related to my first request for help.

I hope that this makes sense to you!!

Thanks for your help so far.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Are you clicking "back to arrangement" before playing the set through? Otherwise, it might be playing clips in Session view.

steverido

Post by steverido » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:25 pm

I am not sure but I will try and see if what you say is correct. Would it still play this just at certain points in the arrangement view?It was happening between 86 - 89. Surely if it was the clips playing and arrangement then it would do it all the way through the arrangement would it not?

I am still getting to grips with it so I am sure that I am doing something newbie.