help with a session that "save" is disabled

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
arbee

help with a session that "save" is disabled

Post by arbee » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:17 pm

hello everyone,

I have ableton live 8.2. I want to work on a session that my friend started.

he has the sampler, he has the operator and I don't have both of those products. so when I open the session, ableton tells me that I don't have those two devices but opens anyway. I see both of the devices in the session and can even modify them... so I render them to waveforms so I can get rid of the operator and sampler.

the problem is even when I have got rid of those devices, the saving options are still disabled and I'm unable to save my work. that means that I cannot get rid of the error messages when I open the session so I can never save my changes.

I guess I need some help with this... thanks !!

arbeeeeee

Ableton_David

Re: help with a session that "save" is disabled

Post by Ableton_David » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Ableton is running in demo mode so that it can load the instruments that you don't own. You'll have to have your friend send you a modified version of the set - have him do the resampling before he sends it to you.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:57 pm

If you're in a bind and really need immediate access to this session, you can also get a free 30-day license of Ableton Suite 8. This will give you all the instruments, and saving is enabled: http://www.ableton.com/free-trial

arbee

Post by arbee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 pm

thanks for the help !

I guess the best for me would be to download the 30 days trial version of the suite.

I don't really like this idea but i don't have any choice.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:00 pm

arbee wrote:thanks for the help !

I guess the best for me would be to download the 30 days trial version of the suite.

I don't really like this idea but i don't have any choice.
Could you get your friend to convert the instrument tracks to audio for you? This would solve your issue.