Maschine VST in Live 8.2.1 Out of Sync

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
MKUltra

Maschine VST in Live 8.2.1 Out of Sync

Post by MKUltra » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Hi all !

Since some days i've got a Maschine and want to use it as a VST Plug (V1.5.1) in Live 8.2.1

All is fine and dandy as long as i add the Maschine first.

But if i add the Maschine VST into a Project that has already some Tracks on it, it's completely out of Sync !

The Maschine Sequencer starts _some hundred ms_ _before_ Live's !

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance !

Update:

Looks like it boils down to the Virus TI Plugin ! As soon as i use the Virus and the Maschine PlugIn together - Maschine gets out of sync...

Anyone else gettin this ? Or the other way around - has someone those Plug's working together ?

Ableton_David

Re: Maschine VST in Live 8.2.1 Out of Sync

Post by Ableton_David » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:51 pm

It's possible that either the Virus TI or Maschine are set to an internal clock. Make sure you have both VSTs receiving timing from the host (Live).

MKUltra

Post by MKUltra » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:06 pm

You, Sir, are awesome !! 8O

Exactly that was the culprit !

Fired up Maschine Standalone App, checked the "Sync to External" - closed App - Restarted Live - Problem gone !

Damn - how could they NOT do this automatically when used as a Plugin... *shakes head in awe*

If there would have been a switch in the Maschine VST i could understand, but theres none, so i thought Sync is defaulted to Host ! :oops:

Life is good again !

Thank you _so_ much !!

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:24 pm

That's not making sense- Maschine as a plugin syncs to the host automatically. And, setting it to sync to external clock disables the transport in standalone :~

Your Maschine forum moderator,
ew

MKUltra

Post by MKUltra » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Dear Mr. Ewistrand !

That was exactly what i was thinking... But in Fact - it did NOT !!

I've had a hard Time last weekend, believe me... Ive started Installation Friday afternoon, and did NOT get the damn thing to sync correctly in Live !

On Sunday afternoon it finally worked by the exact way as stated above !!

And, yes, sure - in standalone Restart/Play is disabled now, but in Live it finally works as it should !

Oh yeah, and while we're at it - some weeks ago i was at a friend and we tried to sync Maschine Standalone to my Live on the Notebook. Well, it did work, but the sync was fluctuating like hell, Tempo in Maschine fluctuated around 1-2 bpm all the time, almost unusable. If we set the Maschine as Master and tried to sync Ableton to it we got fluctuating in the range of about 40-50 bpm iirc - completly useless.

Whats happening there ? Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance !