Speaker On/Off midi mapping with Oxygen49 v3 problem

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
discopimp

Speaker On/Off midi mapping with Oxygen49 v3 problem

Post by discopimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi all,

i am trying to use the buttons below the faders on my Oxygen keyboard as mute switches (speaker ON/OFF) but thw problem i'm having is that the switch works but i can't switch between states properly .. when i press it the speaker goes on, but as soon as i release it it goes off again, what i want is that the first time i press/release it it should go on and only switch off when i press/release it again ..

i couldn't find anything clear in the Oxygen or Live manual to figure this out

the button is mapped to CC49 and transmits value 127 on press and value 0 on release ... i already tried using the same value for press and relese but this also doesn't work

there seems to be two different modes for the buttons but the manual doesn't have any info on how to switch between the button modes, when i use template 10 (which is suppoosed to be used for free assignements) the buttons work in press/release mode, in the other presets the buttons work as toggle switches correctly

any ideas ?
Last edited by discopimp on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

8O

Re: Speaker On/Off midi mapping with Oxygen49 v3 problem

Post by 8O » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi, instead of mapping it to a CC, maybe try mapping it to a Note On (toggle) message. There's some old threads about this - hang on, lemme check for you...

8O

Post by 8O » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Here you go: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?p=766907#p766907 - maybe that's what you're after?

discopimp

Post by discopimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:45 pm

wow, that was fast ... must be cause we're in the same city :lol:

thx for your help ...

if at al possible i'd like to avoid using note messages to controll stuff cause then i'd have ot get into different midi channels which is complicating things a bit (i use all octaves to trigger samples)

there must be a way to switch the button behavior in the Oxygen but the manual is really not much help ... have written to m-audio support but from previous experiences with them it's not going to be much help either

i'm now using one of the other templates where the buttons work, but i have to reprogramm most controls cause they're mapped in a pretty silly way

don't i just love m-audio :evil:

8O

Post by 8O » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:50 pm

If you midi-map a note to a control then Live automatically doesn't play it as a note, so no need to muck around with different channels. Might help...