wav to CD

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Bruce T

wav to CD

Post by Bruce T » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:41 pm

I am not sure if this the right place to ask this question. But I thought someone may have an answer. So I exported my music to wav then I used Roxio to burn it to a CD. The problem is that I can play it on my home CD player but it does not play in my car's CD player. Any help appreciated.

cluesome

Re: wav to CD

Post by cluesome » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Usually the quality of the cd-r. Try another brand.
Could be your car cd player needs a clean? You can buy these cleaner disks that have a wee brush attached that will clean the laser head. I fixed my reader with one when it stopped reading disks.
2.16GHz C2D Macbook Pro
OS X 10.6.5.
Live 7 (7.0.18)
M-Audio FireWire Audiophile
BCR2000

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:02 pm

cluesome wrote:Usually the quality of the cd-r. Try another brand.
+1

I've found that Imation or Fujifilm make great CDs... Memorex and Sony do the trick too.

The only other thing I'm thinking is that there may be a quality setting in Roxio that is getting in the way. For example if you chose to make a 'data' rather than 'audio' CD you might get some funny business in vanilla CD players such as those that come stock in cars. the same disc would probably work on a CD player that plays .mp3 files though.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Bruce T

Post by Bruce T » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Thanks. I used CD-R and that did the trick.