clearing buffers in looper

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
aukleive

clearing buffers in looper

Post by aukleive » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi,when clearing buffers/audio in a Looper, even if it is already empty,there is a quite an audible pop/skkrtatsch-as long as any audio is present in Live-like reverbtails or any sustain from the instrument at the input...song is not running..and no matter if Loopers are set completely syncfree (not starting/stopping song or following tempo)...
Exampel: I have 5 loopers on five different tracks, all with their inputs from the same track (a drum)(input to output set to "never")...In a live improvising situation sometimes I have to make absolutely sure that no audio is present(for instance having resampled all to a new track, and want to start all over again with fresh Loopers) and will just hit clear on the different Loopers...pop....
possible solutions?
Anything to do with routing?

best regards

Audun K.

mojofunk

Re: clearing buffers in looper

Post by mojofunk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Same problem here - I wrote automation to clear 6 loopers w/ 1 button and it always goes BONK when I hit it . . . I make it into a joke when I perform. But I don't find it very funny anymore.