Rewiring Reason in Ableton - Recording questions/comments

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
favabean

Rewiring Reason in Ableton - Recording questions/comments

Post by favabean » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Kind of a newbie here but not quite :roll: . Ableton 8, Reason 4, Mac Book Pro OS X 10.4.11,

I've followed the manual and the AbletonInc tutorials on YouTube for setting up Reason as Rewire slave to Ableton but I have one question: If you are going with the "External Instrument in Midi track" option, how do you record the sounds you're getting from Reason??? I armed/recorded in Session View thinking that the Reason clips i just created in each track would take, but when I played session back with Reason closed, the Reason stuff was gone. The midi notes were there, but no Reason sounds were recorded.

I've gone the other way and set up both an Audio and Midi track for every Reason instrument and I've been able to record BUT the sound quality (volume mostly) isn't as good as with the External Instrument option. What is up with that?

Omniology

Re: Rewiring Reason in Ableton - Recording questions/comments

Post by Omniology » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Route abletons midi track to an auto track and record the auto. almost there.

OM

Hei©o

Re: Rewiring Reason in Ableton - Recording questions/comments

Post by Hei©o » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:33 pm

why not use reason matrix pattern sequencer? i`m not sure what you want to achieve. :-/