Is it possible to work with beats in a clip without warping?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
mbira

Is it possible to work with beats in a clip without warping?

Post by mbira » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:26 am

Hi folks,
I am dropping in clips that are already the correct bpm and exactly where I want them in relation to the song when starting at 0 0 0. The clips are long (over a minute each), and I want to be able to work with measures within the clips, but I don't see how to without having to "warp" the clip. I don't want to warp, because it is messing up the timing on some things. How can I work with the grid without warping?

Rampus

Re: Is it possible to work with beats in a clip without warping?

Post by Rampus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:35 am

If the clip's tempo is correct to begin with, you can delete all the warp markers except the first one. I would also make sure to select High Quality, and set warp mode to repitch. Disabling warping also disables the ability to loop the clip.

mbira

Post by mbira » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:46 am

The tempo is correct, and everything lines up perfectly when not warped (it lines up with the click as well), but the "suggested bpm" is a bit off for each clip. The difficulty is that some clips are things like background vocals that are empty measures for half the clip, and then just come in at one or two points.

I can warp the clip and delete all warp markers but one, but still the overall length gets slightly off that way. The clip keeps wanting to start at -1, etc but when I try and shift it to start at 1 1 1, then the length of the clip gets off. Very annoying-especially since this is all lined up perfectly when just playing unwarped.

EX

Post by EX » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:50 am

Unless I'm missing something, just unwarp all of it... so answer, yes.