Send/Route audio out of ableton into Yamaha N12

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Freedombeats

Send/Route audio out of ableton into Yamaha N12

Post by Freedombeats » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Or route audio out of ableton in any situation. I want to send channels out into my mixer. How can this be done?

yur2die4

Re: Send/Route audio out of ableton into Yamaha N12

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:57 pm

First, you will need multiple audio outs on your audio interface. (Or, if you only have 1/2, you can use Live in MONO where 1 is your Master out, and 2 will be your send) You can be sure that all your outputs are available to Live in Preferences.

Next, you can add an External Audio Effects device to a Return channel.

You set the Output to go to your device.

Then, if you need it coming back in, you set the Input settings according to how you have your inputs connected. Otherwise, if you are not worried about the audio coming back into Live, you can set it to none.

Edit: If you do not feel like using the External Audio Effects device, you can also just route the output of the send from "Master", to the channels your device is hooked up to. If you need it to come back into Live, you will need another Audio Channel, that has the Inputs set to the appropriate input channels.

Edit II: uhhh. actually, I might not know what I'm talking about in this case. Nice mixer though!!

Freedombeats

Re: Send/Route audio out of ableton into Yamaha N12

Post by Freedombeats » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:19 am

yur2die4 wrote:First, you will need multiple audio outs on your audio interface. (Or, if you only have 1/2, you can use Live in MONO where 1 is your Master out, and 2 will be your send) You can be sure that all your outputs are available to Live in Preferences.

Next, you can add an External Audio Effects device to a Return channel.

You set the Output to go to your device.

Then, if you need it coming back in, you set the Input settings according to how you have your inputs connected. Otherwise, if you are not worried about the audio coming back into Live, you can set it to none.

Edit: If you do not feel like using the External Audio Effects device, you can also just route the output of the send from "Master", to the channels your device is hooked up to. If you need it to come back into Live, you will need another Audio Channel, that has the Inputs set to the appropriate input channels.

Edit II: uhhh. actually, I might not know what I'm talking about in this case. Nice mixer though!!
I'll have a fiddle, thanks for the help.