!!Ableton Midi problem HELP!!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
electronicfakir

!!Ableton Midi problem HELP!!!

Post by electronicfakir » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:07 pm

I been using Ableton live 8, with MOTU ultralite mk3 soundcard and Doepfer Dark Energy analog synthesizer for a while now, I connect the synth thru USB to the comp and normally, ableton would read the synth and i would be able to select it as a midi output in the midi channel. But 3-4 days back, during a jam-session Ableton just stopped reading the synth! It would show the synth as an available MIDI port in the preferences dialog box, but the synth wouldnt show in the midi channel's output options :?

I assumed something was wrong with my synth's usb connection; so i changed the cable but no use.. So i e-mailed the synth company; they said try with a MIDI cable...So i tried with a midi cable by connecting the MIDI out of the soundcard to MIDI in of the synth and selected the soundcard's MIDI port as the Midi out in the preferences section.. But Ableton again wouldn't show me the soundcard as an available midi output in the midi channel!

I am going nuts over this thing as I got a gig day after tommorow :x ..

What's happening? Am i doing something wrong? Or is there something wrong?

Pls HElP!

electronicfakir

Re: !!Ableton Midi problem HELP!!!

Post by electronicfakir » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:25 pm

anybody?!