Operator (Demo) removal

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
kabuki

Operator (Demo) removal

Post by kabuki » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:35 pm

Ableton, there are a few of us that would like to remove The Op from out instrument lists. Can we do this and how?

Thanks
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:04 pm

Hi kabuki,

sorry, but it is not possible to remove any Ableton instrument or plug externally from the list.

Please have a bit patience and giving us some time. In the near future it will be possible to hide the Operator instrument if you do not want to use it.

regards,
Alex

computo

Post by computo » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:04 pm

I know this has been addressed already, with a LOT of scepticism from other members, but have got to say,

having operator, in demo mode, on the workspace is like bringing a
Foreman grill to a show, and having it in your perrformance setup.

Its fine elsewhere, but what the fuck is it doing there?? If I dont want that there, it should not even be a second thought.

By far, this is the MOST unprofessional part of Ableton's products or Live.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:47 pm

:lol: I just want it to go away and stop tempting me, I mentioned the price to my girlfriend and all i got was 'that look'

tch

Post by tch » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:46 pm

Not just even turned off,
this should be completely removed from the installing at the first place.
Its gonna eat the power just being there even if it is turned-off.
We have to run it to know it's turned off.

We know how great the advertising and the market will be,
but yes, like this was posted befire,
it is very disappoing and it is not very professional.

this should be seprated.

vince watson

Post by vince watson » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:36 pm

Martyn wrote::lol: I just want it to go away and stop tempting me, I mentioned the price to my girlfriend and all i got was 'that look'

hhahaha... i told my girl i was buying an alesis andromda and was selling her car to do so...she wasnt impressed either.....what is it about the other half's...they dont get it do they?...(joke by the way)
Macbook Pro (Early2011) 17" Antiglare Hi Res 2.2, 8gb Ram, RME Multiface Expresscard, Ableton 7.18, Ableton 8.2.1, Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:30 pm

Girls are just generally more sensible i think, if it wasn't for mine i'd have starved to death years ago and be buried in a cheap hole in the ground along with lots of music gear.

computo

Post by computo » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:44 pm

but really, back on the topic, this should be up top.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:08 pm

computo wrote:but really, back on the topic, this should be up top.
Why? you got an answer? I think Ableton is aware of everybody's concerns about Operator now, let it go.

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:09 pm

I got a crash last night, after which it allowed me to save with operator, now when I open that project it goes into demo mode so I cant save the project anymore!! Its very frustrating coz I made some essential changes since the crash and need to finish the track tonight. :cry:

If anyone can help me get the project saveable again (i.e. get rid of operator) I would be most grateful!

Cheers

tch

Post by tch » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:06 pm

what a horror :evil:

ejectorset

Post by ejectorset » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:14 pm

computo wrote:I know this has been addressed already, with a LOT of scepticism from other members, but have got to say,

having operator, in demo mode, on the workspace is like bringing a
Foreman grill to a show, and having it in your perrformance setup.

Its fine elsewhere, but what the fuck is it doing there?? If I dont want that there, it should not even be a second thought.

By far, this is the MOST unprofessional part of Ableton's products or Live.
just a hint, if you want anyone to take you seriously and/or priortize on your requests, do not CUSS at them.
13" 2.0 gHz core 2 duo macbook, live 6, korg poly 800 (w/ moog slayer mod), roland rs-09, rhodes mark 1A stage piano, mattel synsonics analog drum machine

computo

Post by computo » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:32 pm

well, this thread should be at the top....

And if any of you didnt notice...Operator is causing problems for those of us who aren't all over ableton's jock. This is not just an issue, this is a performance risk. I dont sit at home with my computer like some of you couch jockey's, so I dont have the luxury of waiting for things to come about like maybe you might.

this is simply an admission of the inferiority of live or ableton. would digidesign release a program that had useless extras that could potentially crash your system, or even cause a reinstall.

This is an issue that needs fixing but will be pushed to the back burner, because ableton's answer is "buy more of our stuff."

Thats why some of us want this to be a topic of discussion.

tch

Post by tch » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:17 pm

I had audio dropouts once again with the 4.1.
Went back to 4.0.4, and everything is perfect.

operater ?

I use PCMCIA sound card,
Rme multiface.

I hate program horros. :evil:

computo

Post by computo » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:42 pm

this should be at the top....

there really needs to be another update, there are a lot of inconsistencies, and Im pretty sure operator has caused a couple of program crashes for me and I dont even want it.