Problem with audio files and folders

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ourapollo

Problem with audio files and folders

Post by ourapollo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Hello i was wondering
When i record audio, it saves that audio file into a folder.. and when i record audio in another projec, it saves the audio into the same folder as all audio files, and theres no structure, its just all audio files in one single folder. And when i delete a set, the audio files dont get deleted so i have to go to the one big folder and figure out which files to delete. IS there a way to fix this, so audio files gets saved to a folder specific for that project?

thanks

puxflux

Re: Problem with audio files and folders

Post by puxflux » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:56 pm

If you save the Live set before you record any audio the recorded audio will be saved in the live set's samples folder. If you do not save the project first you can use the "collect all and save" function and Live will move your audio files out of the main temp folder and into the the live project's samples folder.

ourapollo

Post by ourapollo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Ok cool Ill give it a try

chrk

Post by chrk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:37 pm

puxflux wrote:into the the live project's samples folder.
:!:

-> Create a project first (Live browser), save your set into this project. The project provides the structure for collect and save.

ourapollo

Post by ourapollo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:06 pm

How do you start a project?