VST plugin window freezing/reappearing while turning knob

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
golemus2

VST plugin window freezing/reappearing while turning knob

Post by golemus2 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:21 am

Hey does anybody know about this kind of Ableton Live glitch.

I started to experience it when I switched from Live7/winXP/desktop to Live8/Win7/notepad. I am not sure if it is related to Live8, improperly configured Win7, or some problem with their interaction. Anyway, this is what happens:

- sometimes when I adjust knobs or sliders in plugin window it suddently freezes (both the motion of the knob/slider/mouse and displays like Voxengo GlissEQ Spectrum), it stays frozen usually for 1-2 seconds and then the freeze is released. At the same time that the freeze is released mouse pointer updates to its new position (usually far away from the knob), the plug Window minimizes and maximises in a row (mini->maximization takes like 0.3 seconds). Sometimes happens only minimization and I have to open the plugin window again. This is really annoying, sometimes while Equalizing with GlissEQ I have to open it constantly again and again.

It appears almost like sometimes the CPU desides to do something else for 0.5 - 2.0 seconds and then returns. One important thing though. Every time this happens, the sound is NOT interrupted, the sound plays fine in the background, although control values are not changed. Or maybe a problem with display.

Any tips what it might be? I don't know if it caused by Live, Windows, plugin or hardware. I didn't really change anything else than WinXP --> Win7, Live7-->Live8, Computer1 --> Computer2. Used plugins are same that worked in the other machine and projects and samples too.

fl0w

Re: VST plugin window freezing/reappearing while turning knob

Post by fl0w » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Yup, I have seen this many times. The plugin window seems to move a bit too...
Annoying!

EDIT: 8.2.1 (but I think I've seen on 8.2.2b too), Win7-x64

oudalom

Post by oudalom » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:15 pm

I have the same problem with any plugin in Live

While I turn plugin knobs or use mixer sliders it freezes for 1-2 seconds then released

even if i don't move mouse all active indicators in live are freezes but sound is still playing allright

Have you solved it?

Live 8.2.8, Win7x64

golemus

Post by golemus » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:38 am

oudalom wrote:I have the same problem with any plugin in Live

While I turn plugin knobs or use mixer sliders it freezes for 1-2 seconds then released

even if i don't move mouse all active indicators in live are freezes but sound is still playing allright

Have you solved it?
not really. Have not seen that happen lately though.

But this thin NEVER happened with Live7 so it is one of the endless bugs of Live8