Beat Repeat ---> midi?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
alex1fly

Beat Repeat ---> midi?

Post by alex1fly » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:57 am

I have a Beat Repeat on a Drum Rack pattern. Is there some way to capture what the beat repeat does in some way, like as midi data?

Gregory Wells-King

Re: Beat Repeat ---> midi?

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:36 am

Dun Know..

But BR is a buffer capture device I think, captures audio and spits it out in chunks, it's not midi out, (I don't think, but you can try)

Route midi out to another midi in and record the out come, you should see data, if it's out puting midi, if it dosen't let you, then that to may be your answer.

The best option is to write down your midi clip long hand, and save it as a midi clip for future use.

I don't make use of this enough myself, for example there's loads of clips that come with live, I could be using in my sessions, I just forget and use an instrument like Utoniq or Idrum.

More and more I'm relising, why I should have not spent so much money on vst'i I use them, but they don't speed up my workflow, (truth they make it slower) I'm endevouring to get back to lives built in modular options, which yeild quicker results and of course some finer details that can be reatained like the one I just mentioned.

I'm such a dum ass, however how do you know this stuff when you starting out. I'm trying to stop my self buying Izotopes 'Stutter Edit' for the same reason, I have Reaktor, but still SE is so slick and quick to use, but I'm wining through with my motif 'Less is more' and 'you're skint G suck it up' Ha.. :D

Regards..G

seattletruth

Post by seattletruth » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:03 am

alex1fly wrote:I have a Beat Repeat on a Drum Rack pattern. Is there some way to capture what the beat repeat does in some way, like as midi data?
Yes. Set up a new midi track and set the midi-in from the track with beat repeat. Hit record.

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:39 am

seattletruth wrote:
alex1fly wrote:I have a Beat Repeat on a Drum Rack pattern. Is there some way to capture what the beat repeat does in some way, like as midi data?
Yes. Set up a new midi track and set the midi-in from the track with beat repeat. Hit record.
No, that doesn't work.
As Gregory correctly stated, Beat Repeat is an audio effect and does not touch any MIDI data at all.

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Arpeggiator + note length in a rack.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
iMac 27" Retina i5 3,2 GHz OS 10.11.3 L10.0.1 M4L.