Want to rename WAV file according to Clip name. Possible?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Rhythmproject

Want to rename WAV file according to Clip name. Possible?

Post by Rhythmproject » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 am

Hi Everybody - I've done some searching on this issue but haven't come up with any answers. Just as so many other users do, I put tracks and loops into session view and rename the clip to include tempo and key. I would love if there was a way to then tell Live to rename the corresponding WAV file as well. Example: I rename the clip 'Water' to '130_Water_C#'. Can I make Live also rename the WAV file to '130_Water_C#.wav'? I'm working in Live 8.

Thank you for your time!!

e440hz

Re: Want to rename WAV file according to Clip name. Possible?

Post by e440hz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:35 am

i believe you can just rename the sample within the browser (to your left in Live).

hope this helps

Rhythmproject

Post by Rhythmproject » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:19 am

@e440hz - Pretty absurd I didn't just cntrl-click on the file myself and figure that out, but thank you for your time and helping me find my answer!! Much appreciated.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:41 am

But I think it will show up "nameless" in session (and arrange view) still, when you drag it back in to session? What I know works is to rename them in session view, and then crop it. Voila, Live renames the file in the project folder.

Rhythmproject

Post by Rhythmproject » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:46 am

Actually, for the record in case anybody else is curious, @e440hz was totally right - I think it's a feature you couldn't implement on earlier versions of Live. Like e440 said, all you have to do is find the Clip's file in Live's browser, Command-R and rename it then you're good!! Basically renaming it inside of Ableton allows it to update the .asd file so nothing gets lost, misplaced, or confused. PERFECTO.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:55 am

Well, thats nice and usefull to know. But I still prefer the crop/consolidate in session/arangement way. Because then I have a better clue of what I should name the file, in relation to all the clips and tracks. If its Synth 1, or Synth 2, and so on.