kp3 and Ableton

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Popsicle Theory

kp3 and Ableton

Post by Popsicle Theory » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:02 am

Hey all,

Tried getting my answer on the kaoss pad forum but they told me to ask here so..

I cannot find out how to record my kp3 effects over a track in Ableton. Whenever I press record I get a lot of feedback and the sound of the effect is really really low.

I've been reading a lot about send/return and external effects but I still don't really get it..

Here is the topic I started on the kaoss pad forum:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... sc&start=0

in a nutshell: how can I record my kp3 effects over a track I made in Ableton WITHOUT getting a lot of feedback and in good clean sound.
Should I use send/return? (if so, how?)
should I set my kp3 to direct mode?

I use an ESI U 46 XL (audio interface, 2x stereo in and 3x stereo out)

Thanks in advance!
- Eline

Popsicle Theory

Re: kp3 and Ableton

Post by Popsicle Theory » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:16 am

BUMP! anyone?

AudioForceUK

Post by AudioForceUK » Mon May 23, 2011 6:26 pm

basically the same as what i need mate! any help appreciated!

thatMcFlyGuy

Post by thatMcFlyGuy » Mon May 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Ok I don't have an external fx processor like the KP3 so this is all hypothetical.

Output of KP3 to input 1/2 on your audio interface. Input of KP3 to output 1/2 of your interface. Speakers plugged into 3/4 of your interface.

On each track you want effected by KP3, choose out to 1/2, Sends only. Create an Audio channel and select the input to 1/2. The output to the master. (you may have to arm this track)

Select the master out to 3/4

See if that works...

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:37 am

What matters most, is how you intend to use the KP3.

You may plan to use it on a Return channel, which would allow you to feed specific audio channels to it. There are a few options even for that. One option, is where audio channels sent to the Return fade between wet/dry as they are sent. The other option is for the original source audio to remain playing, while the KP3 effects are played on top of it.

The other plan is to use it in the Master channel. This would affect your entire set whenever you touch your KP3. In that case, you use the External Audio Effect plug.