Need help recording follow action clips.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Bassruthless

Need help recording follow action clips.

Post by Bassruthless » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Hey everybody, first off let me say how appreciative i am for all the help that this community provides. I have really gotten comfortable using live 8 from researching most of my problems on this board. However, i've tried to search for this specific issue i'm dealing with but have been unable to find a clear answer.

The problem i'm having occurs when i try to record any sequence of clips that are assigned follow actions. Say i have 3 clips, the first is set to 2 bars, and the second and 3rd are set to 1 (the 3rd is set to "first" follow action to keep them looping.) When i play them back they work perfectly, but when i try to record them along with the rest of the song they never play back correctly. It's like they are always out of order once i have recorded them (the 2nd or 3rd clip will play first).

I assume i'm doing something wrong here, can any of you give me advice when you record clips that use the follow action onto the sequencer?

Thanks a lot for any input.