Problem with Live as Slave to Cubase SX2 - Mixdown dropouts

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Thalamus

Problem with Live as Slave to Cubase SX2 - Mixdown dropouts

Post by Thalamus » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:00 pm

I think this is an ongoing problem but have not been on the forums for a long time so please, if you know of a thread or solution I'd love to know.

I'm slaving Live to SX2 .. when I ask SX2 to mix down the entire project to an audio file the Live audio is inconsistent. There are intermittant dropouts which seem to follow no particular rule.

Anyone got a solution?
<> Peace <>

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:42 pm

I get around this by just rendering the the files from within Live, and then importing them into SX's pool. Works fine, takes less time too (minus dragging them into the project).
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
Inner Portal Studio - Professional Audio Mastering

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:33 pm

Hi Thalamus,

unfortunately this can happen because if Live is running as ReWire slave it does not know if the ReWire host (Cubase in your case) does a real time audio calculation (like normal playing) or a a not-real time calculation (like rendering).

So the workarounds are what Tarekith suggested or to record the tracks within Cubase, which of course only works in real time.

regards,
Alex

ct43

Post by ct43 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:49 pm

I had this problem and somebody told me to load all the clips into RAM in live before I do an 'export audio' in SX, its not done it since..