Needing Launchpad Suggestions/Solutions

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Quicksilver

Needing Launchpad Suggestions/Solutions

Post by Quicksilver » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:17 pm

Aloha All,
I'm in the process of designing a One-Man show where I will be launching all my own sound cues. Some of which is dialogue from other "characters" I'll be responding to.

I got a Launchpad for easier viewing and to make it look more natural (so I'm not squinting into the screen every time I need to launch a clip)

Curious if there is a way, maybe with follow actions or something, to have the last clip triggered remain green (instead of reverting back to amber) on the Launchpad after it's finished playing? Or maybe set the next clip in the track to green so i can visually know right where to go. This would enable great freedom to focus on the acting and singing as my brain will already be juggling a lot.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very greatful. Or even if it can't be done, it would be good to know that, too.

Thank you,
Quicksilver

Cezband

Re: Needing Launchpad Suggestions/Solutions

Post by Cezband » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:55 am

Maybe put silent clips between each piece of dialogue, which loop endlessly until you activate the next dialogue clip? so get the dialogue clips to play once then move to next clip (using the follow actions), with that clip being the silent loop. That way, you'll always know that the next dialogue clip to activate is the one below the green clip (the silent one)?

That's the best way I can think of without faffing about in Max for Live.
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

Quicksilver

Post by Quicksilver » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:08 am

Wow! Thanks for the swift solution! That may be the ticket.
I was hoping not to have to dive into Max4Live yet...
~ Q

nordmach

Post by nordmach » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Mac Intel Core 2 Duo 17" MacBook Pro, 2.33 Ghz, 3GB ram-OSX 10.6.6
Live version: Live 8