ableton vs. akai mpk25

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
grunzlaut

ableton vs. akai mpk25

Post by grunzlaut » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:10 pm

hi, I´m new to ableton live and making computer music in general, so sorry if my questions are some kind of stupid 8) . I purchased an akai mpk 25 keyboard and tried to set it up in ableton as the tutorial in the help-box told me. the problem is: The controllers on the akai dont do what they should. I dont know if the preset from ableton was sent properly to the keyboard. The keys and the pads work. The middle row of the potis control the track faders (according to ableton the lower row should do that)and the buttons arm the tracks. transport works too. the upper and lower row of potis, the pitch bend and mod wheel dont have any effect. I dont know what these controllers should do (exept for the pitch bend obviously :wink: )since theres not mentioned what parameters they change when they work properly.

I guess I just missed something pretty basic. could someone help me?

and by the way: how can I assign parameters of third party plugins to the controllers?

thanks in advance!

ksonic

Re: ableton vs. akai mpk25

Post by ksonic » Wed May 04, 2011 8:09 pm

I don't know if this has been solved yet, but I'm having the same issue
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey