EMERGENCY - I'm at a gig and NEED help!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Scottspur

EMERGENCY - I'm at a gig and NEED help!!

Post by Scottspur » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi, i'm at a gig and need to get this to work. I am using a Roland SPD-S as a controller for ableton live.. I have been using this to trigger samples in Drum Rack with no problems, but now I hooked up my PD-8 external pad into the trigger input to play another sample in Live, but it is mounted to my hi hat stand and I'm getting all kinds of false triggers.

HELP!!! We play in an hour. Anyone who solves my problem gets sexual favors!!!

Angstrom

Re: EMERGENCY - I'm at a gig and NEED help!!

Post by Angstrom » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:36 pm

it's probably too late for this but the first thing I'd try is a bit of neoprene, or other nice damping material in the clamp holding the PD8 onto the hats. I'm assuming the transferal is from hat hits? So isolating the PD8 with neoprene will lowwer the energy transfer a little.

Secondly I'd go and edit the settings like trigger threshold and 'crosstalk cancel' for those pads (its called something like that), all the settings are in the SPD-S. It's ages since I used one, but you should be able to find it.

lastly - if none of that is doing enough: in Live drop a Midi->velocity device in front of the drumrack. use the 'gate' mode and set "lowest" to about 20 to shut off any velocities lower than 20. That should do something at least.

as I said: probably too late, but it was worth a go.

also, unless you are a hot chick, donate the sexual favours to charity/ ;)