Why are Waves plugs are turned off when I open a session?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Kilroy

Why are Waves plugs are turned off when I open a session?

Post by Kilroy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:09 am

Whenever I drag a Waves plug onto a track in Live 8.x, the plug appears to be turned on, but in order for it to affect the audio on that track, I have to turn it off and back on again. Also, whenever I load a Live session with Waves plugs, I have to go in and do the same drill. Anybody else have this experience? Is there a fix?

K.

socialjusticeman

Re: Why are Waves plugs are turned off when I open a session?

Post by socialjusticeman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:38 am

Yep, I thought this was just me that this was happening to.

It's not the end of the world but it does get to be a pain when opening a session which might have quite a few instances of waves plugins.

The same plugins do not behave this way when in any other DAW.

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:51 am

Socialjustice,

Have you had any luck with earlier versions of Live? I don't seem to remember this happening in 7, but I can't be sure.

Anybody know of a fix? It is quite annoying to have to turn on 20 plugs every time I open I session.

socialjusticeman

Post by socialjusticeman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:59 am

Only got the waves pack after upgrading to 8 so I couldn't tell you if the same is happening for 7.

Ian

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:03 am

make sure you have the latest versions of Live and Waves. This used to happen a while ago but I haven't had it happen in quite some time. I have Live 8.2.2. and waves 8 gold

also, Waves only officially support VST versions, so don't use the AU versions if you are on Mac.