Note repeats instead of carrying

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
alonewestand

Note repeats instead of carrying

Post by alonewestand » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:36 pm

When I hold down a key to play an instrument, the sound repeats instead of carrying. I'm using a computer keyboard as the midi controller. I didn't have this problem until I had to reinstall after I got a virus. I don't know if there was some setting I might have changed but it's a really simple issue that's annoying me because I can't figure out how to fix it.

COSM

Re: Note repeats instead of carrying

Post by COSM » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:27 am

What synth/machine are you using?

alonewestand

Post by alonewestand » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:08 am

It does this no matter which one I choose.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Would this be an OS/KB driver setting? If he's using KB keys then they are repeating as they're held down...you need something to tell your keyboard to only play they key once and not repeat like when I hold down this last letterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
ImageImage

florian_bl

Post by florian_bl » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:21 am

I have the same problem here. It's only happening maybe five or ten percent of the time but again and again for a year now. It starts to happen in sessions that I've worked for hours without a problem and without closing and reopening them first. It just kicks in suddenly. As far as I remember restarting the computer, working in another session and then returning to the problem session worked. It's still annoying though. Did you find a better solution yet?